Re: [FWDLK] The REST of the Story...

I can't stand this anymore.  This didn't sound very nice.  Now, you guys are picking on each other.

You guys really think those old whales were beyond the laws of physics and traction, I guess.
I sold my 1957 Dodge two-door hardtop this summer. I used to own a 1957 Imperial with its original 392 Hemi and very heavy transmission. I still own a few fast cars, and a few quick cars. I've see and talked with Adam at Carlisle and drooled on his car.

Tim, I was an engineering graduate and thirty-two years old when you were born. 1980, right ?
I worked in a larger Dodge Dealership's service department in 1968, 69, and 70 while going through college.

I built a 1968 383 Road Runner in 1969, and often raced on the street for a lot of money. That Road Runner was not stock and it was the fourth fastest car in my corner of the world. Any car. any engine, any trans combo for money. Guess what, it only ran 12.2's in the quarter mile, and it was one of the fastest cars on the "street" at that time...

Gee, why didn't I just use the 1957 Dodge, or the 1957 Imperial ?  Because they were slower.

You won't even put seatbelts in your car.

Well, I have a G-Tech Performance meter in my desk at home. You should see who has one in your location, so I don't have to send mine out to you. I'm sure your contacts at Bandimere will have one. IT can measure horsepower, 0-60 mph, 60-0 braking, 1/4 mile ET, 1/4 mile speed, instantaneous G-Force, and continuous G-Force. New models feature software to analyze horsepower, torque, etc. They have an accurate accelerometer inside. All you have to do is plug it into your 12V cigarette lighter and attach the "custom designed" suction cup mount to the inside of your windshield, and you are ready to go.  See www.rpmoutlet.com/gtech.htm for an example.

No inspection, no permission, no seatbelts, No drag strip and no timing lights are required.
They are very accurate, if kept level, and used on a level stretch of your choice, pavement, dirt, or sandy Daytona beach. Haha.

How about some real times and other performance numbers ?

Come on. You can do it. Don't even need seatbelts.

Tom S
southern Ohio