Re: [FWDLK] The Testies......

I'm not running the confuser program (staying above the
'findings-ruckus' !)

What were the gear ratios, again, for both versions of the manual
trannie?

For 1/4 mile comparison purposes, several different rear end ratios, and
gearset ratios should be used.

Too bad that programs like this weren't in existence, back in the day; a
lot of trial-and-error could have been avoided.

It would only be conjecture to find the optimum combination of rear ends
and gearsets, and to conclude that someone "was/had to be" using that
combo, but, it  will be instructive to find out what the "program"
thinks about the times/speeds which might result from the best-combos.

C/Gas cars probably could use "slicks", to get that 15.45 e.t.  .

Neil Vedder