Re: [FWDLK] The Testies......

Neil--

You said a '56 PowerFlite has:
2.5 Low and 1.3 Second gears
The actual ratios are:
Reverse 2.39:1, Low 1.72:1, Drive 1:1
[Source:  Factory Service Manual]

You said that the '57 Dodge Coronet has:
the same trannie, rear end, and tires
as a Custom Royal, but you estimate it
would have 10-20 more horsepower at the rear:
due to the car's  lighter weight
What difference would car weight make on a rear end dyno test since the running gear is as you say identical?

Regarding tires, you said:
(I called-around, today, and confirmed that the 1956
7.60x15" tires had virtually the same o.a. height as the 8.50x14" 1957 tires)
The Coker website lists daimeter of B.F. Goodrich bias ply tires at:
7.60 x 15 = 28.66"
8.50 x 14 = 28.10"

So my question is, how much better will my car cruise down the boulevard if it's faster than yours?

--Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '56 Plymouth, '66 Plymouth, '41 Dodge