[FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] Whatta Drag (News)....

[FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] Whatta Drag (News)....

I just had a thought (if you'll pardon the expression) about the NHRA
"Stock" drag racing class, which was based upon ADVERTISED  HP : weight
ratio.

IF,  it turns out that D500-1's did not participate in Stock drag
classes (such as D/Stock), the REASON might well  (I'm just saying
"might", right-now !) be related to the factory's having grossly
OVER-stated the engine's horsepower, so that the "295"HP rating put the
car into a class, where its REAL HP (let's say: 150???)
could not compete with cars which had real HP considerably greater than
"150" (or whatever).

The car might have HAD to compete in the C/Gas ("modified" ) class, in
order to be competitive.

Again, I'm just throwing this 'out '; it will be interesting to find out
what classes the D500-1 regularly competed in.

You may  recall the drag race result, of/for a D500-1, in the C/Gas
class, that Ron Swartly has previously posted. There were cars (mostly
Cheb's, IIRC,) which had won the various Stock Classes, on his posting.

Neil Vedder