[FWDLK] Documented quarter Mile 1957 D500

[FWDLK] Documented quarter Mile 1957 D500

According to Sports Car Illustrated, a factory original 1957 Dodge Coronet Lancer D500 2dr. did a standing ¼ mile in 16.6 sec. at 83 mph. Weighing 3920 lbs with a TorqueFlite, PB & PS. And a standard 3.36 drive ratio.

Here’s a small excerpt:

“The engine is hot (though somewhat undercarbureted at the top end), the transmission is very good for its type, and the rear suspension is one of the best we have here. Put together, these items haul the D500 off the mark in one very big hurry. Acceleration times are better than last year’s version throughout the range, and particularly at the bottom end, thanks to the new low gear. This machine has a real hurtling feel as it unwinds up and up, and the boost stays there until well into the eighties.”

Nice article!

I can imagine a Super D500 without all the power robbing features would do better.

You can read the article for yourself at:

www.forwardlook.eu/Dodge/Magazines/1957-06_SCI.pdf

Jim. The Netherlands

1957 Dodge D500 x2