Re: [FWDLK] another mention of drag results in Motor Trend

Re: [FWDLK] another mention of drag results in Motor Trend

The normally aspirated 200 power pack 277 56 Belvedere at 18.9 seconds
seems slow by today's standards, but more than enough to stay up with 56
Chevs & Fords.  Like discussed earlier, the testers went thru plenty of cars
each day and this test is probably typical of anyone jumping into a car the
first time and letting it rip.  My own '56 Belvedere 2 door hardtop 4bbl 277
normally ran high 17s-low 18s at Half Moon Bay & Cotati dragstrips in NoCal in
the early 60's-bone stock except exhaust cutouts, with my normal driver tires.
One Saturday, I took the car to Andy's Champion Speedshop in Colma, CA and
had it dynotuned.  He thought the car had exceptional hp for a stock 277 and
recommended I run it at Cotati the next day.  I turned my best time ever in it
on the trophy run against a '56 Chev in CSX class - 17.32 @ 83.1.  Still have
that day's worth of time slips.

Jack Lewis