Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 5:16 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Yawn...1/4 mile who, what...

      I know I am not one of the "true" gearheads on the list.  I can't tell you the BHP from the STP when it comes to who had what HP (that's a computer right?) in what model and when they changed the dinglefritz into a danglefritz!  Maybe it's me, but to me, reading all the reams of data being posted on who had what and did what when and how they did it and why and which color the intakes were to produce more HP and why didn't the guy from this magazine document his findings with the FDA and CIA how come no one asked the People's Court's opinion and liar liar pants on fire...DUH!
    Okay...one car was faster than the other on certain days and some times the big boys cried when they got their hands slapped by some official and the big 3 auto makers (yikes, mortal sin, yes I believe all 3) all lied and cheated when talking about how they designed and built their products as well as magazine writers and other miscellaneous car builders writing down "all" the pertinent information without any predjudice!
    All in all... yup...they were fast cars and we love em!  Every last inch of fin ever put to a race track, highway, by-way, dirt road or whiskey running trail across this great land! (and other places) Whether they were 100% stock (and what does that mean) or modified to the hilt, Ma Mopar gave us some great iron to drive and enjoy.
    I take no technical stand, offer any hard facts or data worth mentioning,  or take sides with any party involved in this thread.  I do however wish to add...  "Go forth and continue to fight nice about this never ending paper trail of fact and fiction!"
    Just my wooden nickels worth, which adds nothing to this thread...hmmm...or, maybe it fits right in.

    John in WI... where the cold winds blow and winter is darn close, if not here, and that sucks!