To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] The Testies......

Been following this discussion with a little interest and much amusement. I wasn,t old enough to race the 56-58 Mopars when new, and my first attempt at racing my 58 Fury in the early 60's ended 20 miles short of reaching Niagara Airport Dragstrip with a blown motor while attempting to bury the 150 MPH speedometer. Did hit an indicated 125 on old route 31 before it let loose. Later on I raced a new 69 Barracuda 318 4 speed with 3:91 8 3/4 rear in NHRA L Stock very successfully. With headers, Mallory, cheater slicks, cool can etc. All legal at the time, + a 340 4speed cam which wasn't it consistently turned low 16 second times and broke into the 15.90's on occasion. That little 2 barrel carb could only be tweaked so much. Ate 390 Fairlanes and Comet Cyclones for lunch. But never beat the 57 Chevy wagon with 270 horse duce quad 283 but he was cheating way more than me anyway! O.K. not Forwardlook related, but I am enjoying your bench racing and hope you don't mind my reminicing. Dick ----- Original Message ----- From: "eastern sierra Adj Services" <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>