[FWDLK] List Etiquette (was: RE: [FWDLK] Getting testy, about Subjects)

[FWDLK] List Etiquette (was: RE: [FWDLK] Getting testy, about Subjects)

Hi Folks,

Both parties are correct on these subjects.

We should try to keep the subject line relevant to the context of the message.  When a topic diverges from the original, the accepted mailing list etiquette is to change it, with the old subject appended to the end, encapsulated in parentheses, with the word ‘was’ added.  In other less-confusing words, if the topic was “RE: [FWDLK] Wheels and tires”, you could change the subject to “RE: Electrical issues (was RE: [FWDLK] Wheels and tires)”

On the subject of the s**t-type language, it’s probably best to avoid it, even though it’s ‘starred-out’.  I’m sure we can all find ways to express those kinds of thoughts in a more polite manner.

Thanks, All!

-Dave