[FWDLK] in Re: Let's Make a Deal!

I should have elaborated more, on Buyer's Ploy #2, as that describes the infinite beauty
of the deadly-serious art of negotiation.

Just because I might know the rules of chess does not make me a Grand Master at the game.

It is instructive to observe the variations of the game, as it is being played-out, in daily life
and when we are discussing the buying and selling of  FWDLK cars.

Backing away from the bargaining table is an essential part of intelligent negotiation. That's why auctions are not a fair venue, for prospective buyers; restricted time-element, and elevated
emotions tend to overrule a buyer's  monetary control over the proceedings.

Back on the Buyers Ploy #2, I should have ADDED, to the comment , about : '..buyers remorse...' the following : "OR, the seller's anxiety, "...to avail itself, before committing yourself to the deal.

These pauses, in the negotiation, can last micro-seconds (for a raised eyebrow, or a quick looking-away to occur) , or can take days/weeks to play out, as in any formal contract negotiation; it's all the same game, but played out for different stakes/outcomes, and always
expressed or determined  in monetary values.

Then, there's Brinksmanship, which is the sub-ploy, by either side of the table, to place his bargaining-position closer to the point of no -deal, if the other side does not capitulate.

It's a joy to behold, when you see it being well and truly performed . It's, essentially, a claimed "final" Take-It-Or-Leave-It position, with any adverse condition/result being able to be blamed upon the (in-)action of the other party, in pushing the other party over the abyss.

A friend just bought a new '07 Chrysler 300 Heritage-model; I was there for the bargaining.

We cut a very-good deal, with the dealership, but never REALLY knew what the dealership's true monetary bottom line was. My friend was satisfied, because the dealership wanted to move the '07 and was willing to negotiate the MSRP, but he'll never know how good his deal really was.

The Brinksmanship employed was the buyer saying, "finally" (but not really) this is as much as I can pay for the car. The dealership's Brinksmanship was saying 'sorry, this is as low as we can go on this
proposed deal (probably: not true).

My friend finally blinked first, and bought the car.

Neil Vedder