Re: [FWDLK] Bye, Miss Belvedere

Here's the text of an email that I sent to Randy Krehbiel, the article's author:

I was sorry to see that your most recent article on Miss Belvedere raised more questions than it answered. How was the title issue resolved ?  Also, the article states,  The Plymouth, exhumed in June after 50 years in a time capsule, has deteriorated to the point it couldn?t be transferred from a flatbed wrecker into a covered trailer without risking serious damage. Are you saying that this has happened just in the five months since the car was exhumed ? What are you basing your statement on ? Unless the car was kept in a vat of salt water, I find that rather hard to believe. Are you relying on the word of the Snake Oil salesman from NJ ? He's also the guy that stated that the car would be dust in two years unless something was done. As someone that has done car restoration for about twenty years, including body restoration, I can say that both statements are nonsense.

We car folks continue to follow this story from afar, as the final chapter has yet to be written. Keep the stories coming. Pay no attention to the Nabobs of Negativism that respond every time you write a piece on Miss B.

Ron