From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bill K.
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:29 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Life's Lessons/The Shipping News

What kind of $$$ are we talking?

Technically you are responsible for it to arrive on the front porch, but I
haven't seen the legalities with regard to a proven mailed item once it's in
the post office's hands.

It used to be those complaints really didn't even get looked at or mean much
on eBay.. I'd ask around on their help boards about how those work (use an
account other than your selling account to ask, lots of jerks on there).

But since it's past the 45 days, there's not a lot they can do except leave
you a bad feedback.  I suppose they could file mail fraud claims and all
that, but if you save your postal reciepts, they usually have the weight and
zip on them, that should be enough to prove you mailed at least something to
them.

So it becomes an issue of dollar value.  He could take you to court, but it
costs money to file, and if he's lying about it, it gets risky to get that
deep into it.

I'd look at the guy's feedback, see if there is any history of this type of
action, and especially if it's a cheap thing, tell him to do his worst and
you'll deal with it when that happens...  usually when they see they can't
scare you, they dissapear, because they're not being truthful.

And in the future just use FedEx or UPS on stuff over about 2 1/2 lbs, it
includes the first $100 of insurance free, and includes a live tracking
number that gets scanned several times, free.  You can make them have to
sign for it for only a dollar or so extra, too.

Bill K.