Re: [FWDLK] Life's Lessons/The Shipping News

Re: [FWDLK] Life's Lessons/The Shipping News

I, Michael Sutherland, am the dirty rat fink in Chris Hullinger's story.
I sent an apology to Chris right away and he has been gracious enough to
give me one last chance.  I thank Neil for posting his story and I thank
Chris for his response.  I apologize to everyone on the list for my
nastiness.  I do think the list is full of good people, and I sincerely
regret lessening that fact in anyone's eyes.

I think that the life lessons from the nice people are best, but I will
offer three more life lessons from an admitted dirty rat fink, which may
have some small value:

12) The buyer: never assume that you have any inkling of what it might
cost to ship anything, anytime, anywhere; just ask - before you receive.

13) The receiver: don't punish the nice guy who sent the stuff for your
mistake in #12.

14) The guilty: never pass up a last chance if someone is nice enough to
give you one.

Believe it or not, I think I actually learned #13 before Chris sent his
reply out.  However, it took me one more time to learn #12.  This dirty
rat fink is a slow learner.

P.S. Ted, if you had a '57 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer in Grand Island,
Nebraska about 20 years ago, I am also the self-same dirty rat fink who
lost the pictures!  I am very sorry for that; another bit of nastiness I
truly regret.  I still don't know what to do about that - but let me
know, and I'll try to make it right.

Mike

P.P.S. dirty rat fink bum is better, thank you Ray