Re: [FWDLK] Carb Question

For what its worth, a friend of mine ends up replacing the carb on his car fairly regularly. He does live in Arizona where it gets hot and dry...and the original carbs he has are still doing fine, but the rebuilds seem to give out quickly. I can't tell you why, but I know he does have this problem. Perhaps the rebuilds are quickly thrown together and/or the materials used are cheap. It doesn't seem reasonable to me, but that's about the only thing that ever goes wrong with the car, so I guess its not all bad.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Homstad" <dhomstad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Carb Question

Chris,

I would think you might want to ask the question: "Why do I need to replace
the carb every 2-3 years?" A newer carb may not be the solution.

The 2 bbl on one of my engines was running fine, probably never rebuilt,
with 45K miles, used from 56 to 66, then sat until 79, and used until
replaced by a 4 bbl in 86.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500