Re: [FWDLK] '57 Dodge headlight swtch

John, there is a nos-looking headlight switch on epay, right now, but, I have field stripped my car's headlight switch (due to poor dash-panel light illumination-adjustment ; love that word!) and cleaned and lubed its mechanical operation satisfactorily, altho there still isn't a tremendous amount of illumination-change .

Fairly simple and straight-forward work. Just be careful when opening it up, and record the sequence-orientation of its
large-ish internal componentry, for re-installation purposes.

Our cars are very electro-mechanical in nature, and fairly self-explanatory in repair sequencing, like for the speedo/odo assemblies.

Even the fuel gauge's operation can be adjusted, altho that can be a P-I-T-A (tedious) to do.

Neil Vedder

John Williams wrote:

I’m looking for a replacement headlight switch for my ’57 Dodge Custom Royal. I picked one up at Hershey, and it’s as bad as the one I want to replace.

Anyone have a source – or know of someone who can rebuild the ones I’ve got?

Thanks!

John Williams