To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] How do I disconnect trans and remove the 383?

Hi Lou,

Not too hard as long as you can turn the engine! The trick is to remove the shield at the front of the bell housing and get a long wrench, 5/8" or so up
between the torque converter and the pan, and remove the ~6 nuts that hold
the converter to the crank.  Then undo all the bolts from the bellhousing,
starter and cooling lines, then just slide the engine forward ~1" and your
free to lift that puppy out!

Have fun,

-Bob