Re: [FWDLK] 1957 FURY, ROCK AND ROLL AND HAPPY DAYS ON E BAY

Re: [FWDLK] 1957 FURY, ROCK AND ROLL AND HAPPY DAYS ON E BAY

Poor Brent!
Either you're too young to have lived then, or were kept in and not allowed to play with "the gang".

I LIVED those days and YES, they were like the pictures, drawn or photoed. I was doing the "Drive-In" scene at Randy Rock Drive In, outside Baltimore in my '33 Chebby coupe. Next was my '49 Ford 2 dr., a '50 Ford coupe and then a '49 Merc Conv. and finally a '51 Merc conv., both heavy customs. By then we were going out Route 40 to the Dairy Queen Drive-in, with poodle skirts and skates. Lots of fond memories of this kinda thing and the ride home with that poodle skirt you brung along. All this started (for me) in the mid-50's and went into the '70's. Many a run out there was made with my buddy in his '57 Fury at 150+mph, while "Mom" stayed home with the kids.

Oh yea, I married my Poodle skirt at 20 and this year makes 50 happy and car filled years. (how the Hell does this happen?)

After that, we went to the various drive-ins in our '39 Chebby coupe, '38 Buick Opera Convertible Coupe, '55, '57, '58 and '61 Chevy Converts. The '58 was a tri-power 348 and the '61 was a tri-power 409. Finally we were "Cruzzin'" in our '32 Ford "Li'l Deuce Coupe" with a 331 blueprinted Hemi. Somewhere in there was a '56 Chevy Nomad with a 409 that my wife used to get the groceries and hauling the 3 kids around. For sure on the left coast this was very big and on the east coast, there was nearly as much of this stuff going in, just several years behind the "Californians".

So you see Brent, many of us DID live those days, had the cars pictured, and loved every minute of it.
Ray