[FWDLK] 1957 Fury and Rock and Roll on Ebay...and in my memories!

[FWDLK] 1957 Fury and Rock and Roll on Ebay...and in my memories!

Hi all,
    I grew up in the Metropolitan and suburban Milwaukee WI area in the 50s and 60s.  Living in a large city ( yea, well, Milwaukee was big to me)environment with lots of people and traffic, left me with lots of memories of hot cars, loud side pipes, windhield visors, fins, spinners, baby moons, custom rods, hide-away antennae, chopped tops and louvered hoods, car clubs, club jackets, Betty Boop, poodle skirts, bobby socks, Wow...the list can go on and on.
     I like the posters and pics, real photos or an artists version of those days long gone.   Just because some guy puts neon stars and a 57 Fury on a poster, isn't a reason to doubt how life was in the fifties...nor was Leave it to Beaver the way it was across America!  I can't remember my mother cooking dinner for our family in a cocktail dress and a full line of jewelry tying her down.  Believe it or not,  not everyone in mid-America got a new car with each new TV season!
    Here in our little burg in central WI we call home, there is an A&W that I can remember from my childhood days when we vacationed in this neck of the woods.  On the walls they have old photos of the original little A&W and some 50s cars being served by the car hops.  I can remember the 50's, and some from the 60's and on through to todays larger more modern facilities.  I like these the best out of all memorabilia from the past, because it shows a true picture of what I can remember of the past.  (of course there were days I don't want to recall...I didn't just get the leave it to Beaver...go to your room discipline, the stuff I got stung a bit)
    Anyhow, those of us from the past and still of sound mind (personal opinion) to remember how it really was..."when and where we grew up"... can enjoy a newer version of 57 Heaven posters, old car pics, memories of past girl friends...(maybe,) our old cars, local police, and even presidential races...it doesn't make anyones preference right or wrong.
    One picture I wish I had, was the one of a 58 4 dr.Chevy after it fell sideways off the car hauler when the ramps tipped over in front of Cosgrove Chevrolet in West Allis WI.  I used to watch them unload the new cars there as a kid and I saw that happen!   I always wonder if that guy lost his job!
John in WI