Re: [FWDLK] New question: how do I seal the trunk (moulding clips)?

Re: [FWDLK] New question: how do I seal the trunk (moulding clips)?

Lou, sitting inside the trunk (as long as you really trust the guy who
closes it on top of  you!)
with a flashlight is a great way to observe active leakages, while he
douses the rear area with a garden hose.

I presume that you don't already see water run patterns/streaking around
the trunk area?

The  body panel, at base of the rear window, which has  chrome trim
installed  around it, actually has a very wide and deep channel formed
into it, with large mounting-holes cut into  the very bottom of the
channel, to accept the spring-prongs of that chrome trim.

Those un-sealed holes may be where your (or, other peoples' ) trunk
leakages may be originating.

Back around 1983 (IIRC), at the WPC national meet, in Detroit, a guy
with a 57 Dodge (not me) discovered after a large rainstorm, that his
car's trunk's side-channels (or, whatever they're called), had filled
with accumulated trunk leakage, and, he hadn't had any previous clue
that the trunk was even susceptible to leaking!

Neil Vedder