Re: [FWDLK] TORQUEFLITE P/Ns

YEP ;  PLY's & DOD's had only air cooled transmissions.

That said, I retrofitted a CHRY liquid-cooled transmission onto my car (the cooler fits into the radiator's bottom tank, which has input & output line-connections, to the
transmission.

The liquid cooling does not necessarily improve the performance of a transmission,
but does tend to extend its operational life.

Dave Homstad has suggested that the maximum cooling effect would be to use the air- cooled torque converter (with its attached cooling fins) inside the liquid cooled
transmission.

Neil Vedder

Phil Courant - ACCF wrote:
Hi
According to my parts manual P/N 1823740 is for '57 "Fury Sport". When replacing this trans, use 1823682 trans with parts 1823708 and 1823709 (governor weights) I think that the only factory liquid cooled transmission were for NY, 300 C and Imperial (1738227)
I've no imput about P/N 1736413-2 or -3

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) :   http://www.ch300imp.com