Re: [FWDLK] MoPar parts list

As I PM'ed Tony, earlier today, as my daddy insured a Fart dealership, in Toledo, he replaced his 57 CRL 2-dr HT with a terracotta/terracotta/white 350 Sunliner convertible
in 1962--cried, when he brought that thing home, un-announced, to me.

As I was 12, I never got to drive it, but, did learn to drive, at 17, in 1967, on our
390 1965 Fart Galaxie 500 convertible (white w/blue/blue) .

As I mentioned to Tony, in the summer of '68 , on a SAT noonish, after a bud & I had gone (unsuccessfully) fishing at a large county park, I was feeling good, so, I opened the car up (with top-down, natcherly) on the 2-lane road, heading back to the main-road, and saw 105 on the speedo, before approaching a small, slightly elevated stream-bridge.

When I got onto the bridge, the car launched itself (going in a straight line) and I distinctly remember all 4 wheels touching down, independently, in slow motion, as I noticed, for the first time, that there was a slow-ishly moving car approaching that bridge, but
whose presence had been hidden by that elevated bridge.

The poor-driver's first indication of my car's presence occurred during my car's
touch down maneuvers!

HooooooWHAMmmmmmmmm ; I really felt sorry for scaring the sh!t out of him; I know that I was plenty scared (after it was too late to do anything about my fortunately [w-] reckless
driving.)

Could easily have done a Joey Chitwood flying T-bone on that guy, or someone else.

Thought that that car was 'fast', until 1969, when my uncle landed into town, driving a rental
Charger R/T.

An impromptu freeway-onramp drag race saw the Charger walk-away from the Fart.

Sometimes we survive, despite our youthful stupidity. Adult stupidity is not forgiveable.

Neil Vedder

Paul Holmgren wrote:
I leaned heavily upon my boys heads, brain, and gut reaction,
when it came time for them to plan on their 'first' car
Somehow "Dear Ol Dad' located each of them a drivable C-body
to start out with. Took em to go look, and coached from the sidelines
as they dickered the $$.
Excellent learning experience for both of them, both a life lesson and
the wrenching time they got to spend with 'The Keeper of The Tools'
(who just happened to know a lot of tricks on fixing on the cheep too)
--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy
    > On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:37 PM, Anthony C. Boatman wrote:

    > Hi Neil,

    > Well, the odds of him getting this car range from slim to none.
    First