[FWDLK] Fw: I need your support!

Dear Friends and Family,

As you may know, I have accepted the challenge and am participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
May 17th & 18th in Boston. This will be my fourth year walking a total of 39.3 miles in a weekend.  We will walk 26.2 miles on Saturday (yes, the same distance as the Boston Marathon), camping out in tents and then walk another 13.1 miles on Sunday. Doesn't that sound like a great way to spend a weekend?

Did you know that every three minutes, another woman in the United States is diagnosed with breast cancer? I didn't, and I was shocked to learn how prevalent this horrible disease has become in this country.
 Not to mention, how it has touched my family and friends. In fact, the reason I got involved with this cause, was my dear friend Nancy was diagnosed.She is doing great now, thanks in part to the excellent care & support she received.

I will be walking to honor my friends and family members that are survivors as well as in memory of those who have lost the battle with this dreadful disease. If you wish to add someone to the list of people , please let me know and I will be proud to walk in their honor or memory.

I am eager to
 continue with my fundraising and I need your support! I have pledged to raise money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer as part of my participation in the walk. Your contribution will help to support medical research into the possible causes of and cure for breast cancer, education and early detection programs, and clinical care and support services for women with breast cancer in communities across the country. There is a special focus on helping medically underserved women, the poor, minorities, the elderly, or those with inadequate health insurance. And much of the money granted by the Foundation goes back to the communities where it was raised, supporting everything from local grassroots programs to national organizations.  I'll be happy to give you more information on these if you are interested.

It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. Whatever you can give will help! I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress. If you would prefer to send a check, just let me know and I will be happy to send you the needed forms.

Don't  forget, your donation is tax-deductible and many companies will match your donation.
Thank you for your support; you really do make a difference.

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk2008/Boston?px=2016510&pg=personal&fr_id=1440&et=TZ1P0GzpOBQNOPc4oAOIsQ..&s_tafId=258086

Some email systems may send your response to the Avon Foundation, not to your walker/donor when you push "reply". Before "sending", please confirm that your message is addressed to your intended recipient (above). If info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx appears as a recipient, please delete and add the correct recipient email.

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us;What we have done for others and the world is immortal" -Albert Pike

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." -Kahlil Gibran artist & poet in US (1883 - 1931)