Re: [FWDLK] windshield trim retainers

Hey Jim -

Excellent repros are available thru RJ&L Auto Fasteners (www.rjlAutoFasteners.com). Ask for the set that fits your particular car.

The kit that they supplied me with for my 58 Plymouth had three different styles of clips. The lower rear window moulding clips fit like a glove. There were two different styles of clips for the front window mouldings: one like what's in your pic; the other a 'shallow' version of that clip, with an extended stretch above the step. I found that the 'shallow' clip worked great for the lower windshield moulding as well as the extension ('transitional') mouldings. The clip in your pic did not work, no matter what I did. Maybe this is for a Chrysler or Desoto ? I scrounged the extra four 'shallow' clips from a backup set that I ordered.

What car are you using these on ?

Ron