Re: [FWDLK] gas prices

There have been some discusions about current World affairs, over on the
forwardlook.net website's General Discussion, including my own
instigated "Runnin on Empty" thread, which y'all can read and even
post-on.

The gist of one of my 'thoughts' was that a rent CNN article on a
Supremes' gown cost $2K in mid 60's and that that gown, today , would
cost around $23K.

Some quik math, and an inflation rate of 13-times is reached,

Dividing 4-buk Chuck gas-price by 13 produces a mid-60's gas price of
about 31cents!!!

Todays 'gas-guzzlers' get 20+ mpg but have very little scheduled
maintenance like the 50's/60's cars did, for tires/batteries/tune-ups/
parts/etc, and 'we' are not buying new cars, routinely, about every 3-4
years, as was common, in 'the-day'.

As a PM, Mark, I dropped your name, on the Tulsarama Board, in Re: to
offering the Videographer big-bux for his vault-muddy street shoes, on
WED, after he video'ed the car,  after the lids were first removed (and
showed us his State-Secret unedited video OF the car, inside the vault).

Neil Vedder