Re: [FWDLK] Bringing a car into the United States

Re: [FWDLK] Bringing a car into the United States

Neil, you are being way too harsh and if I must say it, irresponsible and dishonest at best.
At worst you make this fellow feel like crude oil cuz he wants the car,and wants to conform to his binding legal contract with the seller...and being out his 10% by my math that would be $1,250.00 bucks US, a bit more then nothing PLUS a big fat neg on the buyer card with eBay...
Are your issues with Canadians or just with eBay, or anyone who pays for what they want???
Yes he should have understood ALL the ramifications (and I think he dose) of buying a car on eBay encompassing an intentional cross border deal like this.
This fellow bought that car and as the eBay listing clearly states;

Local pick up or shipping is under buyer's responsibility

(Seller is not responsible for damages during transport)

10% of final price must be paid within 48 hrs after the end of auction.

So at best you are being quite the "Mary" over his request for information from other enthusiasts like you and he gets from you what??
Neil wipe your nose and add something honest or at least positive for a change!
As for me I say to him way to go taking the stand to preserve a small part of our American history and wanting to enjoy his new finned MoPar, and welcome to the hobby and cars I love and enjoy!
But have to also state that some of the know it all kill joys around can sure take the fun and excitement out of it!
Just my $.02.
Gus Benson
Box 43873
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55443 USA