To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2008 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Bringing a car into the United States

Sorry, I forget your first name,  Mr. Benson, but I hardly think that I
am being dishonest, and I also question the harshness (altho the seller
might argue that point!) adjective, too.

I didn't read the seller's terms on that auction, but I can not doubt
that a CAN seller (or, a US seller, advertising in CAN) would want the
buyer to come across the border and to go thru all the hassles and
expense of taking the car across the frontier.

Everything is negotiable, and in that regard: he-who-wants-it-more:
LOSES.

If the buyer wants the car worse than the seller wants to sell it, the
buyer takes the extra time and trouble and expense and hassles in
getting it across the border.

If the seller wants the money, more than the car-possession, he will
agree to take the car across the border and conclude the transaction in
the buyer's country.

Simple as that.

Neil Vedder