From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fury Jim
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 12:11 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Tires: time to re tire

back to the tire trials....

something nobody mentioned, and an item i just used today mounting a new set of radials for a 58 belv future daily driver replacement....  GOOD OLD PORTAWALLS!   lucas tire sells them, about $30 a set.... they dont leak, fly out, or do anything weird like some people say, that is if you put them on right.... i have a set of my 59 fury, after i wasted an NOS set of WWW bias plys [my last little narrative] i put about 6,500 miles so far on this set of radials.... if you go on youtube, you can see that car do a burnout down to the steel cords and simultaneously pop both rear tires- the portawalls never flew off until they hit the ground!   anyway, this 58 wont get that kind of abuse, but they turn the 4/$100 pep boys radials into wide whites!