Re: [FWDLK] Sandblast Brake Drums ?

Don't see why a layer or two of duct tape, applied over the brake surface are, wouldn't protect it from
any errant mis-direction of the blasting-nozzle.

You're going to have the brake surfaces be turned, anyway ; probably don't even need the duct tape,
but that extra-measure can't hurt anything.

How's your 1958 PLY project coming along?

Neil Vedder

Ron Waters wrote:
Hi All -

I just acquired a nice set of 12" brake drums that I plan to use on my 59
Dodge (I have all the other parts to convert to these larger brakes). The
inside of the drums have mild surface rust. I am planning to have the drums
sandblasted and painted. Is there a problem with sandblasting the actual
contact surface on the interior of the drums ? Will this create a problem
when my brake shop tries to turn the drums ? Obviously, I won't be painting
this surface, but I may want to paint the interior non-contact surface.

Ron