To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:19 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Sandblast Brake Drums ?

Hi All -

I just acquired a nice set of 12" brake drums that I plan to use on my 59
Dodge (I have all the other parts to convert to these larger brakes). The
inside of the drums have mild surface rust. I am planning to have the drums
sandblasted and painted. Is there a problem with sandblasting the actual
contact surface on the interior of the drums ? Will this create a problem
when my brake shop tries to turn the drums ? Obviously, I won't be painting
this surface, but I may want to paint the interior non-contact surface.

Ron