To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Miss Belvedere News

There are larger public-interest issues involved than just the
indisputable legal right of the  winning family''s  nephew  to do
whatever he wants to do with the car.

Very few (can't say 'all', now) of the people who actually saw (can't
say 'see', either) the car have said that the car's highest-purpose
would have been served by stripping off the depositions that accumulated
onto it , and making any (futile) attempts to reconstruct it.

Fine. The family decided to try to exploit the car instead of arranging
to preserve it in a museum or to sell it to someone who could preserve
it.

One thing that galls me is the 'explanation'  that the stripping
operation was an effort to "stabilize" the car from further degradation.
The car was not going to turn to dust, or rust to the ground, once it
was dried-out.

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

Now that the car's provenance has been destroyed, as an historical
artifact, and is just another nasty-looking wrecking yard reject, I
happen to be in favor of parting it out, and do believe that that may be
the car's ultimate fate.

Believe it or don't, there is a high-end watch being sold, right now,
made with non-fuctional steel recovered from the Titanic.

Neil Vedder