[FWDLK] 331 hemi timing questions

I just installed the new pretronix ignitor on my 55 new yorker with the 331 hemi. I adjusted the timing but have a question that I can not find the answer too.

I adjusted the timing as per the service book at 6 Deg BTDC and on the harmonic balancer there is a line painted on it from the rebuilder about two years ago and a dot on each side I am guessing is 10 deg before and after .

My question is when I shine the timing light to time the car the timing is between the line and the lower dot on the balancer{ as close to 6 as I can get} is this location before or after TDC ? as the car runs and I just test drove it 45 miles { went for a ice cream run } and the only think I found is when I I went to start the car it was very slow to even turn over at first. I have found this happens if I do not change the battery every three years and the new battery I ordered came in a little small and I told them I need the larger size to fit properly.

Should I readjust the timing to read above the line when I look down with the timing light ? and I also noticed when i was adjusting it today that when I gave the car a little gas the timing went past the lower dot and returned to about 6 deg when I let off as I know this what should happen

I have not tried any other test so If any one has advise let me know. thanks again.

Chuck Deyoe
1955 new yorker