[FWDLK] 57 FURY PISTON INVESTIGATION

Hello All

Hope this makes sense.

About a year ago I did my own investigation into '57 FURY DOMED PISTONS'

I did have an ORIG FP31 ,,never rebuilt,,,std size pistons.
First let me say that the 'appearance' of the piston top is IDENTICAL to the pistons used in the 301 and later lower perf 318s.

BUT---When measuring the compression height ( top of pin hole to top of piston),,,the 57 318 should be lower by .094 due to the stroke difference.
If this was the case--AND ASSUMING THE 301 COMPRESSION WAS A TRUE 8.5 to 1,,, the 318 would have a CR of 9/1 (due to its larger displacement).
This would match the stated compression ratios.

BUT-BUT- BUT the compression height of the FURY PISTON was only lower by .074 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
HENCE the 9.25/1 CR.

I have an actual ORIGINAL 301 piston and an ORIGINAL 57 FURY piston.  I would like to obtain a certified orig later low perf 318 piston to prove my point---but I will bet on this one for now

ED ECKERSON
LI  NY