Re: [FWDLK] Hissy Fitting (to be continued)

Re: [FWDLK] Hissy Fitting (to be continued)

SO, according to your research, the TOTAL assistance provided by the power brakes calculates to a 72% decreased pressure- feel coming from the booster, meaning that almost (72% extra) twice the effort is required to stop a manual braked car?

That's a lot, when you think of it.

We've all got stories of having gotten used to a manual brake system (really putting our foot into the brake pedal) and then
hitting the brakes on a power-boosted car!

I don't know if it's just Farts, but, my parents had a 65 Galaxie 500 convertible, and I also drove a 73-ish Continental,
and both cars had very-numb feeling power brake systems.

The power-assisted (mine, anyway) FWDLK'er has (had) a very nicely modulated power brake system.

Neil Vedder

Wayne Graefen wrote:
According to my research for the 300C, 28% of the application of brakes in the Chrysler power brake comes from the driver. 72% of the power is applied by the brake booster. I presume these figures apply to all bellows type boosters and are similar to the canister booster which followed. Wayne G