Re: [FWDLK] Tranny shifting..

Neil,

Many years ago, I had a 64 Dodge 318 TorqueFlite. It had a problem that started one winter where the tranny had a hard time shifting out of first gear the first time each day. After it shifted once, everything was normal all day. I consulted a tranny shop and they suggested a simple fluid change might work. That fixed the problem. I figured there was some varnish in the fluid that caused a ball in the valve body to stick. Once it unstuck and the tranny was warmed up, it worked fine until the next time it got cooled off.

Dave Homstad

56 Dodge D500