[FWDLK] Wiring loom tape and trunk light

[FWDLK] Wiring loom tape and trunk light

Hi all,

Wondering if there is a quality wiring loom insulation tape like the OEM stuff that has ridges through it, also any tips on how to get it nice and tight to resemble factory?

Also could you tell me how the trunk light is switched, I’m working on a ’53 Chrysler but the unit looks identical to my ’57. I have power to the base of the bulb socket on the trunk lid all the time. So I gather it is like the interior dome light and is switched on the earth side through the door jam switches. But HOW is the trunk light switched or triggered, ie where/how does it break the circuit?

Thanks for the help.

Owen Grigg

Auckland,NZ