[FWDLK] FW: Christine Charity Auction

From Bill Gibson...

-Dave

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ontherdagain64

Christine Memorabilia Raffle & Charity Auction

   I wanted to let everyone in the Forward Look know about the Christine

Memorabilia charity auction to benefit Huntington’s disease that started

this past weekend.  One of the previous owners Derek in afflicted with this

horrible disease.   Please take a moment to read the below story as told by

his father Jim:

 Derek was adopted at age 12 in 1987. I took him to see a special showing of

CHRISTINE on Halloween night in Oklahoma City the first week he was with me.

As we were walking out of the theater he said "We have to have one of those

cars Dad!" (first time he called me Dad)... when Derek was diagnosed with

Huntington’s in 2002, the neurological disease that is not curable, I posted

emails around the world the next few months desiring an actual Christine

movie car... in July 2003 I got a call at home from John in Simi Valley, Ca.

saying he had one and would sell it to me 'for Derek' as he had read the

story. 'She' arrived 8 days later by open truck to Oklahoma... what a look

on Derek's face as it came into town all red, white, mostly shiny, and

menacing. Since we had to go back to England for me to teach & coach at

Lakenheath Air Base 03/04 school year some folks in town got together, took

Christine and for the next 10 months brought her exterior and interior back

to movie-spec life (even found the 5 Mexican American signatures under the

front and back seat upholstery) and also added options including the motion

detector for speakers, lights, etc. for playing the movie soundtrack... what

a sight for Derek to see as we returned to Oklahoma for good June 04. They

opened the garage, started her engine with rumbling dual exhausts, and drove

her out into the sunshine Christine's speakers began to blare "Bad to the

Bone"...  we all knew the moment belonged to Derek as his 18 year dream had

taken place.

Over the past 6 months I have been in contact with several of the cast and

crew of my movie to arrange signatures on several memorabilia items,

including 1:18th scale Die-cast cars, books, DVD’s, press photo’s and lobby

cards.  They were signed by my Director John Carpenter, Keith Gordon

(Arnie), John Stockwell (Dennis) and Alexandra Paul (Leigh).   Which are now

listed on E-bay.  I will be donating 100% of all net proceeds to the HDSA

Oklahoma chapter 501(c)(3) so that it will benefit Derek as much as

possible.  The auction started this past Friday the 15th, There are a total

of 24 items to be auctioned (8 items per night for three nights) so it will

be ending the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th.

I worked really hard on putting this together, and these are the last two

dozen autographed items that will be auctioned off!   Thanks for your

participation in advance and wishing you luck in bidding !!!

Bill &  {oo)==v==(oo}