Re: [FWDLK] Clear seat covers wanted

It may look dumb to you, Ray, but, the clear covers get a lot of favorable comments from observers, and, they also send a message that the owner (moi) is concerned about
preserving his car's interior.

As my car is driven fairly regularly, I don't want to have to be concerned about replacing
the OEM style custom-upholstery  every few years.

Now, if pre-made and fitted complete upholstery sets were available, out of a catalog, where all that anyone would have to do is take off the existing, and hog-ring on the new upholstery,
then that would be a different scenario!

Shabby-chic don't work for me, on cars that are not in "Survivor", all-original condition.

Neil Vedder

Ray Jones wrote:
I've never understood this mind set.
Why cover the seats with something very uncomfortable, just to preserve them. Enjoy them. Spend the money for duplicate set of front seat covers like you want to protect, and install them years from now when the first set get shabby. Meanwhile you get to enjoy the original seats as was intended. The cars belong to the owners who may do what they want with them, but it always looks so silly to me, why not cover the dash and headliner. Where does it stop? How about a see thru car cover?

Sorry, but it just looks dumb to me, Ray