Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:26 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] ADVICE ON STEERING GEAR REMOVAL

Hello Group

Unfortunately my power steering mechanism in my 59 PLYMOUTH is leaking and needs a rebuild.

The removal of the box seems clear and not too hard since the egine is out of the car,,but any words of experience???

Can I leave the steering wheel and upper column intact and do everything by lowering the mechanism out from underneath??

Thanks to all
ED ECKERSON
LI  NY