Re: [FWDLK] modern parts numbers lookup

Ray Jones wrote:
Check on eBay for the key.
It's a security key with a chip in it. I had the same problem when I bought our T&C, she only had one key. I got 2 keys (make sure they're uncut!) for $25 or so each. You may have to watch a while, but there are several people who sell these keys all the time. Check their stores also. I also got a "Street" key for $15. This has no chip. It will open the car and start it, but the car cuts off after 5 seconds or so. I hid the street key in a magnetic key holder on the frame and had my dealer programed one of the chip keys to the car. He charged me $25. I programed the other key and hid that one in the car. That way if I lose my key, I can get into the car and get the other one to start it. If you have 2 keys then you can program as many as you want. Only one key and the dealer has to use his magic box. That's to keep someone from borrowing your car/key and then programming another key to steal it later.
Ray

BEWARE the extras, there will a serious chance that the dealer will charge an 'environmental fee' for setting the fob or key. Not a fair thing when they only use the the ODB tool. Its a totally 'CLEAN' operation. Setting the key or fob does not require anything like rags, or oil mess cleanups materials.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy