Re: [FWDLK] More Transmission questions..

Re: [FWDLK] More Transmission questions..

In a message dated 10/22/2008 9:12:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, whuff@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
If the fluid was fresh, it probably was pumped out when you started the car, due probably to torque converter bleed down which puts a coupls of extra quarts of fluid in the pan until it starts recirculating.  At least that has been my experience.
Hi Garrett,  I agree with Bill's comment above. I have experienced the fluid being forced out of the dipstick tube and down onto the frame rail. It then will run back and drip onto the floor at its leisure.  That may explain the phenomena that you experienced. It really didn't happen in your garage.  Check your dipstick tube immediately after a cold start to see if it is on the tube shaft. I actually replaced the dipstick shaft seal with one from an abandoned new Chrysler trans dipstick. They slide off nicely and provide just the correct amount of interference to keep the fluid in the trans during the startup. Marv