--- Begin Message ---
  • From: John Teske <Bjwt56@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:22:58 EDT
     It is safe to use a 7 pound cap instead of a 13 or 14 pound cap.  The only difference is that under high powered useage, your engine will generate more heat.  The higher power cap will help keep the engine cooling temperature under 212 degrees (boiling).  For normal driving, it won't make any difference.

     I have a 56 Fury with a 7 pound cap on the radiator and it runs just fine.  I don't race it.  I would use a 14 pound cap, but don't see the need for it.  Also, the 14 pound cap will cause leakage in the cooling system that I don't want to deal with.

     John

Play online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites, no registration required and great graphics – check it out! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1211202682x1200689022/aol?redir= http://www.games.com?ncid=emlcntusgame00000001)