From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of John Teske
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:23 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] radiator cap

     It is safe to use a 7 pound cap instead of a 13 or 14 pound cap.  The only difference is that under high powered useage, your engine will generate more heat.  The higher power cap will help keep the engine cooling temperature under 212 degrees (boiling).  For normal driving, it won't make any difference.

     I have a 56 Fury with a 7 pound cap on the radiator and it runs just fine.  I don't race it.  I would use a 14 pound cap, but don't see the need for it.  Also, the 14 pound cap will cause leakage in the cooling system that I don't want to deal with.

     John