From: eastern sierra Adj Services <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 58 Coronet Hemi
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This car was discussed over on the FWDLK website's General Discussion
board.

As the standard 1958 Coronet V/8 engine was the  carry-over 325 Poly
head motor, but with a 2-bbl carb, it seems logical that someone
installed a direct bolt-on D500 single-4bbl set up.

The seller states that he thinks that the engine has never been removed.
If so, the engine block was painted blue while still installed--not all
that tuff to do.

The seller declined to tell me what the engine stamping number is, but
I'll bet that it's L325-1xxx .

The car's carb may be a vintage 1956, so the set-up may be from that
year; the 4-bbl air cleaner is from a 57/58 NY'er/IMP, as the 57 D500's
oval air cleaner has  a plain, non- "embossed/decorated " detachable
filter enclosure ---which would make sense if this is a '56 D500, as the
56'ers had a round oil bath air cleaner, not very compatible with a 1958
car.

The car's colors are Sunshine Yellow and Gallant Gold. Very attractive,
and, a nice car, overall, but not anything OEM-special.

Neil Vedder