From: Ron Waters
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] eBay Motors: DeSoto 4 door sedan over $32K

My plater still uses copper-nickel-chrome. If it were nickel plated, it would have a grayish-yellowish tint.

Ron

Triple plating these days means copper, nickel and another coat of nickel sadly.  I believe the two coats of nickel are different somehow.  It is not as good as the original method and I believe the nickel layers sometimes separate after a while.