Larry Gardinier
From: Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxx>
It's worth what it brings. It sounds like he has a shill bidder, and at some point they'll not bid and the winner was bid way up. If the last shill bid doesn't get -bid, they can offer it to the next (legitimate) bidder, as a second offer opportunity.
I think the problem is that some of these boomers grew up with not much interest about cars, and now buy "an old car" just to enjoy. Us old farts grew up wanting and driving only coupe and 'verts, wouldn't be caught dead in a "all door". So they have the most value, and the also-rans are bringing more money due to the buyers not caring about style and the lack of reasonable coupes and 'verts.
Ray in Mena, AR