Re: [FWDLK] 1956 DeSoto FIREDOME (S) again

Re: [FWDLK] 1956 DeSoto FIREDOME (S) again

We've discussed this before, but there are points of view which haven't been thought out.
As both a buyer and seller on eBay, I find that it's mostly fair. i have had no problem with PayPal or eBay in the 12 years I've used them.
What must be understood is that you're paying someone else to run your store if your selling and what you pay  if buying is what it cost to provide the service.
PayPal has worked flawlessly for me, and i usually get my money put into my account in 1-2 business days. I've withdrawn money on a Friday evening and had it in my account on Monday morning. I've run thousands of dollars thru PayPal, and now use it paying for many things on other internet sites. And yes, I've heard the horror stories, but they're rare.
Keep in mind that 10+ years ago, if you needed a part you paid for an ad in a monthly publication and hoped for the best. Or you went to a flea market and tried to find the little part made of unobtainium. We spent 4  years trying to find good front fenders for a '71 'Cuda, and then found 4 sets scattered over Carlisle one year. No one had them before. Today it's much easier to find what you need, so there's a fee involved. I can't understand why someone thinks they shouldn't pay for the services they are using.

My problem with some sellers is that they want you to buy but they want to do nothing. "I ship one a week, don't ask for sooner!"; "Don't bother me with questions or telling me that it's wrong".
This on stuff they couldn't give away locally and want large money for on eBay.

Mostly, I've had good sellers and i always please my customers, as my 350+ 100% Positive feedback shows. I've only had 1 thing not sent to me, a $5. item.

Ray in Mena