[FWDLK] Steering Wheel

Hey Gang -

I have a 59 Dodge two tone plastic (Bakelite?) steering wheel. From the
front, it looks real nice. But in back there is a 7" crack that runs across
the top--where sunlight baked it for many years. The crack is wide enough to
stick a fingernail into it. Before the plastic starts separating from the
metal core and before the plastic starts chipping off, I would like to
stabilize it using an epoxy or resin. The requirements are that it dry clear
and it be 'runny' so that it penetrates all the nooks and crannies of the
crack. Of course, it must also bond to the plastic permanently and probably
stick to the metal rim as well.

Can anyone recommend a product that meets this criteria ?

Thanks,

Ron