Re: [FWDLK] Radio Antenna Secrets

hi ron, if you look at your inner fender there is a round depression, you have to knock it out- it prepressed to act as a "knockout''  cars with radios from the factory dont have the access door installed, cars with dealer installed, and some factory built, but custom ordered cars come with the access panel, round with a tab that wedges under the fenderwell at the top and a tab at the bottom where 1 phillips screw holds it on... i have a few cars or inner fenderwells with the access door- i can prob take a pic.... otherwise you just have to totally unbolt and drop the inner fender...figure you also have to be able to access and snake the lead wire throught the punched or drilled hole in the door jamb/cowl- depending on whoever did that job on the assy line... every one i see is in a slightly different spot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 3:33 pm
Subject: [FWDLK] Radio Antenna Secrets

Hey Everyone -

I'm ready to install the front fender radio antenna on my 58 Plymouth. But I have no access to the underside of the fender, as it is blocked by the inner fender. There is no way of gaining access by the A-post either.

Do I need to loosen the inner fender ? That would seem like a major pain. I also noticed that there is a circular area (about 4" in diameter) on the inner fender that appears to be removable. Should I break that area out, as it would be directly below the antenna hole ?

Thanks,

Ron