[FWDLK] Transport needed

Need reliable, trustworthy transporter for my 62 Dodge. Car will be delivered with all correct US paperwork from Canada dealer to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, which is at the tip of the lower Peninsula. Reason is that the dealer is 260 miles directly east in Sudbury, Ontario, Cana, rrclassiccars.com.

Have had a transporter, Fred Hurlbert, lined up since December but he keeps postponing pick-up everytime there's even a snow flurry up that way. I do understand the winter has been a severe one but this week was supposed to really be the promised pick-up week for the umpty umpth time and there was a snow storm and backed off until next week. You guessed it, I've even given him a deposit, fool that I am.

Anyone out there who can recommend a transporter? I am okay with open transport and I would like affordable(?) enclosed transport recommendations as well.

Distance is 2600 miles from Sault Ste Marie MI to Richmond, CA where I am.

Any help, advice, condolences, whatever is most welcome.

I'm even thinking of getting to Detroit by plane and then somehow get north 400 miles to pick up the car and try driving to CA in it.

Have to check one way rental car fee. Air fare is $500 something. With my luck so far with this car, I'd have a break down before I get out of Michigan.

Help, please.

Henry HOpkins
510-234-9649
510-220-9134 cell