From: eddee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 4:07 pm
Subject: [FWDLK] MOTOR OIL QUESTION

HELLO MEMBERS

Do modern premium oils deteriorate over time?????????????????

I put very minimal use on my engines.  The oil stays nice and clear and clean probably for that reason.  Should the oil be changed anyway after a period of time??
ie:  6 mos--1 year,,,2 year??

I guess the real question is does the oil deteriorate after a period of time even with minimal useage and loose its lubricating characteristisc???
I always thought that the 'modern' premium oils have additaves to keep it ageless.

I have had second grade oil in my lawn mower for 3 years--its certainly used a lot more than my cars--and although a bit dirty, it sure feels like new.  Just using that as an example

ED ECKERSON
LI  NY